Wandering Berusplants

My travel blog resurrected as I set out on another wander.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Scooting mountains

The rain has eased up, only pounding at night the last few days. Using the fine skies we've been cycling, scootering and gazing at the monsterous peaks to the north. Riding the scooter around and about rather fun, getting away from the tourist ghetto of Pokaara lake side, and meeting friendly village folk. Nice to be mobile. Fancied a real motorbike but not quite up to the task of riding one, I hichupped along the road on one until the guy renting it decided that perhaps I wasnt such a great customer after all, putting his bike in perril as I did. Still the scooter is fine, perhaps tomorrow I will rent it again to go and scout start of the wee trek we fancy taking at the end of the month, to get closer to mountains. Other than that been rather lazy, we did move Guest House to a place that has lots of hanging space for Laundry, always a major consideration. Tis a fine hotel actually, less than $3 but with lots of varanda space, large clean bathroom and very competant all female staff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home