Wandering Berusplants

My travel blog resurrected as I set out on another wander.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Kathmandu

Third Capital in a weekfor me, some kind of record there, aint I a busy bugger. Flight over was fine although we had a couple of exciting jumps. Escaped the tourist sweat of Pahar Ganj, Delhi for the slightly less sweaty tourist sweat of Thamel, Kathmandu. Still, cant knock the place, jamed full of facilities. We've been eating tasty Japanese food (Karaage teishoku - $2.50) and I've been spying some nice North Face jackets, something I've always fancied but never been able to afford them. Now with the joy of Chinese faking, I can have one for maybe $30 (fleece and gortex shell combination, if its gortex!) whith quality of a pretty high standard. Given I'm wanting it for posing rather than clinging to the side of mountains, ideal.
Staying in this hotel http://www.hotelgreatwallnepal.com/ (the prices they quote are their dream prices, room for two actually only $6) Roof top views marvelous, saw a white peak peaking over the green om this mornings Northern Horizon.
We still have our thoughts somewhat turned to our Japan return, but given we are likley gonna spend a month or 2 hear first I think we might have to check out some mountains. Seems they have some here.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave me old Jam Sponge

I have fond memories of many a night spent in the Blue Note Bar, Thamel, Kathmandu. Believe there was also a restaurant by the name of Alice's or something like that?

Let me know if you find them.

5:42 AM  
Blogger berusplants said...

Not spotted either so far mate (hell I only just noticed this coment 2 months later....)
We are back in Thamel now so I'll have a wee look around for Blue Note before we go.....
Hope all is good with your family.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home