Wandering Berusplants

My travel blog resurrected as I set out on another wander.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Monday, July 17, 2006

France

Bit if a curve ball for you as I am now in France. I had known for a while that my sister and her family would be visiting my parents house (La Chappelle St. LAurent, Deux Serves) in France in early July. Visiting my family is never easy given how it generally involves both the UK and France, so if everyone was gonna be in one place at one time it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss. Having done some Himalayan chillin then the Yatra my enthusiasm for travel in India was waning anyway, I’ve already been in India for a year and seen a lot, but Tomoko has only spent a month there and was much more enthusiastic about travelling to many places I’ve already spent time (Rishikesh, Daramasala, the South). The Upshot was that it seemed logical to split and follow our own agendas for a bit, me heading to France with Turkish Airlines, Tomoko continuing to travel in India. All went well, sorting the ticket was very easy, and well here I am in La Chappelle St Laurent. Already the Longfellows are back in the UK. ‘Twas a lovely week with them, little Samuel being an absolute delight to be with of course, and I even managed to fit in a round of Golf with my brother-in-law Andrew. The only down side was the flu bug I picked up on the plane then passed onto my father which laid us low for a few days. However given the heat and the desire to relax shared by all, it didn’t upset many plans cuz there weren’t any! I will remain in France for another fortnight or so then back to Delhi, with a few days in Istanbul on the way. When we were there in November it was pretty miserable, should be much nicer in August!
Picture, French Bull. Relavance, unclear but we did have some lovely BBQ'ed steaks yesterday.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home