Wandering Berusplants

My travel blog resurrected as I set out on another wander.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anti-Tourism Rant

Since we got here the guy in the hotel has been bugging us go on one of his tours. Never been a big fan of tours, seeing the thing that you are supposed to see as a tourist in a particular place, so I naturally shied away from his pestering. Instead we wandered down some alleys, took a ferry to the poor side of the river, ate some lovely local food for pennies and met some friendly local folk, and their big roosters! Travel is an individual mini adventure, not a predestined conveyer belt, and the joy for me comes in the small moments of beauty spied and human connections chanced upon. Yes you will miss some sites, but then you always do, the compensation of reality more than makes up for it. Todays rant!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home