Wandering Berusplants

My travel blog resurrected as I set out on another wander.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

teaching in Argo


Whilst staying n Argo I was asked to help some students with their upcoming English examinations. Twas fun and an interesting wee insite into the English teaching world here. Seems the normal style here is more to lecture, and they were suprised that I would actually want to hear them speak, answer questions and so on. Very geared towards grammar points, the students were asking me to explain about conditionals and modal verbs (mainly by pointing at the text book) when they could barely string a sentance together in the simple tense. Great experience though, and getting enlarged for my c.v. I think! Picture shows me confusing some young ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home